Billable Expenses in QuickBooks Online Plus
Billable Expenses! I cannot get them to show on my customer's invoice? Why? This is a topic I see over and over again in the Intuit Community Forum. Well, as you will see in this video, it could be one of several reasons:
- Check your settings under gear wheel>account and settings>expenses. Make sure you have the setting activated.
- Use items in the expense transaction.
- Make sure the item has the "used in vendor and expense transactions" box is checked off.
- Use the item in the transaction (bill, check).
- Make sure you use the customer name in the bill or expense transaction.
All of these things need to be done or the expenses will not show as billable or you will not be able to include them in the customer invoice and tie them all back to your customer. You also need to do some of the above list to be able to show the expenses on the Profit and Loss by job report.