Logo resizing in QuickBooks Online
Logo resizing in QuickBooks Online was a big topic this week.
Does it need resizing? Is it small in QuickBooks Online (QBO)? Mine was. It was almost microscopic.
But just like this lion is a large cat (see pic below of my mascot, Simba who thinks he is this lion), I want my logo to be predominate in my invoicing. And that was the thinking behind the changes to the invoices on Quickbooks Online this week. Yes, it caused a bit of an "uproar" (no pun intended) on the community forum. At first, my image looked very blurry with the new email look. And then Intuit did another update, and now it is not there, just the words. I guess enough people complained because it changed duringthe week. Here is the official post for the changes to invoicing.
Logo Resizing: What are the size requirements?
Your logo must:
- Have a file name that ends with .gif, .bmp, .jpg, .jpe or .jpeg
- Be smaller than 1 MB in size.
- Have a bit depth, sometimes called color depth, of 24-bits or less.
- Use the standard RGB color space- sRGB.
How do I upload my logo to QBO?
- Click the Gear icon.
- Select Account and Settings.
- Select the Company tab
- Click the Plus (+) sign in the empty logo box.
- Find and select the image for your logo, then click Open.
- Click Save. Click Done.
To customize and make your logo larger or smaller on your forms....
- Click the Gear icon.
- Select Custom Form Styles.
- Click Edit to the right of the form you wish to customize
- Select the Design tab.
- Click Make logo edits.
- You have the option to select a size and change its placement.
- Click Done.
So, there is not many options other than small, medium or large there. But it is a start. If you're having trouble with the color depth and the image is just not looking right, try changing it from a .jpg to a .gif (make sure you use Save As to create a new copy so you don't overwrite the original file). If you don't have a log artist, I recommend finding one on Fiverr. They created mine and do a great job. You can always go there and find an affordable option for resizing your logo. If you want to learn about customizing your invoices, see this earlier post.
If you have any questions or would like to see a future video on another topic, please reach out to me on Facebook.